Do you have experience as a supervisor, basic mechanic skills and the want to farm?
Gold Dust & Walker Farms is looking for a Farm Manager. This individual would work directly under the supervision of the operations manager and should be self-motivated with good people skills (bilingual a plus) with the ability to supervise farm operations and workers. This is a full time, year round position, with 60+ hour work weeks.
Our farm encompasses 15,000 acres throughout the Klamath Basin, ranging from the Tule Lake Lease Lands, to Merrill and Malin, and up to the Running Y and Calendonia outside of Klamath Falls. We grow chipping potatoes, hay, grain and hemp. This position requires someone who is driven, can work independently as well as lead a team. If you’re this person, we offer competitive wages and benefits, performance-based bonus possibilites and opportunities for advancement.
Interested? Check out the responsibilities and skills we’re looking for in a Farm Manger.
Key job responsibilities/Skills:
- Scheduling employees
- Operating equipment
- Planning and implementing farming practices
- Other duties to assist management with operations and production
Preferred, but not required:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) applicants will be given preference
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or work equivalent to demonstrate experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Welding experience
- Grain combine knowledge
- Hydraulic and electrical understanding
- 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Minimum basic mechanic knowledge/experience
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your resume and cover letter today! You can email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. And please note – Applicants that do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.