Assistant Farm Manager
Ready to work hard? Love farming and looking for advancement opportunities?
Walker Farms seeking one or more self-motivated individuals with good people skills (bilingual a plus) to supervise farm operations and workers as an assistant farm manager! If you have experience managing people and can work 50+ hours a week (this is a farm position), this just might be a great opportunity for you.
Key Job Responsibilities & Skills:
- Scheduling employees
- Operating farm equipment
- Planning and implementing farming practices
- Other duties to assist Management with operations and production
Preferred Skills & Experience, But Not Required:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) applicants will be given preference
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or work equivalent to demonstrate experience
- Proficient computer skill (Microsoft Office)
- Welding experience
- Grain combine experience
- Understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Two – three years of experience in supervisory position
- Minimum basic mechanic knowledge and experience.
As mentioned, this position has 50+ hour workweeks, competitive wages and benefits, and performance-based bonuses possible. Large opportunity for advancement within company.
Please note: Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.