Sorry, we are not hiring for this position at this time. Please visit our Klamath Basin Employment Opportunities page for current job openings.
Hay Farm Manager
We have a great opportunity for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and work hard.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced Hay Farm Manager. Our ideal candidate will have a solid background in running a farm and the divisions within a farm, be able to work long days and be a leader to our hay farm crew. Sound interesting? Keep reading!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with good people skills (bilingual a plus) to supervise hay farm operations and workers as a manager. All applicants must have 5 years’ experience in a supervisory position, basic mechanic knowledge and experience, and proficient at putting up quality alfalfa hay. A relevant bachelor’s degree or work equivalent to demonstrate experience is a plus.
Job responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Management of overall daily operations haying for a farm
- Being accountable for quality compliance, organic and environmental stewardship, inventory control and efficiencies with respect to labor and production
- Demonstration of clear integrity and a sense of ethics and responsibility to the farm and its employees on a daily basis, serving as a model for others
- Mandatory 5 years of related experience overseeing alfalfa hay farm
- Management experience in the farming industry
- Hay Storage Management experience
- Computer experience required — full Microsoft Office Suite, Internet experience required at a minimum
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred