***** Sorry! *****
This position has been filled. To see our current job openings, please visit our Employment Opportunities page. Thank you for your interest!
Hay, Grain and Potato Truck Drivers
It’s our busiest time of year, and we’re looking for a few good truck drivers.
Grain harvest and potato harvest are quickly approaching and we’re in the midst of cutting hay, which means we need help getting our crops from the fields. If you’re looking for seasonal work driving truck, have experience driving a 10-wheeler truck and a valid driver’s license, we want to hear from you. If you’ve driven spud truck for us for an entire harvest season, you’re eligible for a returning driver bonus!
If this job sounds interesting, you must be able to do the following:
- Be able to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to repeatedly lift, push, pull and/or carry 50 lbs
- Ability to climb in and out of the truck and onto various parts of the truck and onto/into any trailers
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to sweep or wash out truck beds
- Must be physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle as demonstrated by a current medical examiner’s certificate (Medical Card)
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or have a valid farm endorsement on their Driver’s License
- Must be able to open and close truck doors
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions without temperature or other environmental controls
- Ability to work varying schedule, including short notice of reporting to work, long hours per day, numerous days of work in a row, etc.
As a harvest truck driver, you will be driving a 10-wheeler truck with the appropriate bed (or trailer) for grain or potato harvest or for hauling hay. Job responsibilities will include:
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding behavior, vehicle and equipment operation, and safe work practices
- Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection of all equipment
- Safely operate hay squeeze for loading and unloading hay bales (hay truck driver only)
- Back up to unloading equipment at cellars and shed
- Drive truck underneath boom on harvester safely and as instructed by harvester operator
- Operate truck as instructed by driver supervisor, field supervisor, harvester operator, and farm manager
- Roadside inspections if necessary
Compensation and start dates are as follows:
- All Drivers with a CDL – $16/hour
- must be able to drive a semi tractor with trailer(s), preferably experience with doubles
- Start date: Immediately
- Hay Truck Drivers with Farm Endorsement– $14/hour
- Start Date: Immediately
- Grain Truck Drivers with Farm Endorsement – $14/hour
- Start date: Immediately
- Spud Truck Drivers with Farm Endorsement – $14/hour
- Start Date: September 4th
- All Drivers who complete harvest will receive a $1/hour bonus.