We need a person dedicated to ensuring our workers are following safety guidelines and analyze possible on the job hazards.
Gold Dust & Walker Farms is looking for a Safety Coordinator. This individual would work directly under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager and should be self-motivated with good people skills (bilingual a plus). This is a full time, year round position with normal working hours M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with some evenings and weekends. This position offers competitive wages and benefits.
With our campus based in Malin, Oregon, and our 15,000 acres of chipping potatoes, grain, hay and hemp ranging from the Tule Lake Leases up to the Running Y outside of Klamath Falls, this job requires someone with extraordinary organization skills, leadership skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team. If this sounds like you, please learn more the responsibilities and skill we’re looking for below.
Key job responsibilities/Skills:
- Oversee and maintain all safety for the company
- Record, run, and manage employee safety trainings
- Ensure proper ergonomics
- Safety management and compliance
- Maintain job hazard analysis
- Onboarding safety training
- Accident investigations
- Maintain, manage, and update the OSHA 300 logs
- Chairman of the Safety Committee
- Understand, manage, schedule, and implement the Safety Committee rules
- Manage portable bathrooms; ordering, returning, and cleanings
- Food Safety Audit assist
- Ability to train, influence, and motivate team members
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written
- Well organized, Ability to Prioritize, and a Self-Starter
- Credible and Dependable
- Exceptional work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Ability to speak in front of groups
- Team leader that acts equally as a team member
- Ability to foresee the possibility of risk occurring
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle pressure
- Ability to keep working schedules
Preferred, but not required:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) applicants will be given preference
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Safety Management; or a professional certification program in health and safety management; or 2 years’ experience in a verified Safety Coordinator role.
- First Aid trained
- Computer proficient
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Knowledge of OSHA rules
- Current working knowledge regarding safety rules and regulations
- Farm experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in a verified Safety Coordinator role
If this sounds like the career for you, submit your resume and cover letter now!
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.