Sorry, this position has been filled. Please see our Klamath Basin Job Opportunities page for current openings.
Farm Mechanic Shop Assistant
We need someone who has a passion for making a difference and wants to be a key player on the team.
Do you love organizing, planning, and assisting others? Do you possess an amazing attention to detail and have a strong work ethic?
If you answered yes, Gold Dust & Walker Farms is looking for an Assistant Farm Mechanic Shop Manager at our Merrill, Oregon shop. Please note this is not an office assistant position; this job opportunity is for someone assist our farm mechanics and the manager to keep the shop running efficiently and organized. This is a full-time, year-round position. Working schedule should normally fall between 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday, but can fluctuate. We are a family run farming company, that operates at a fast pace and require driven individuals. If this sounds like the job for you please apply immediately!
- Receipt tracking
- Safety management and compliance
- OSHA improvement management
- Shop interior and exterior cleaning and organization
- Utilize Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, various software programs and Internet programs on a regular basis to accomplish and complete daily tasks
- Communicate with vendors to coordinate parts orders
- Ensure orders are shipped and on schedule
- Pick up parts from local vendors
- Work close with managers to ensure reasonable purchases
- Organize central parts location and keep updated inventory of parts
- Assist manager and mechanics by ensuring weekly tasks and checklists are completed
- Maintain and organize equipment numbers and create shop files for work order filing
- Maintain, organize, and track safety equipment and keep up to date inventory
- Position may require working various hours, including early mornings, late evenings and weekends, 40-50 hours a week
- Other shop tasks which may not be defined here
Looking for someone with the following skills and values:
- Proven organizational systems
- Excellent communication skills
- OSHA/Safety Experience
- Oregon Driver’s License
- Able to work flexible hours
- Proficient computing skills including Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Access
- Data entry
- Detail oriented, trustworthy with good judgment
Interested? Please email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.