Farm Equipment Shop Manager
Looking for an opportunity to put your mechanical and managerial skills to work for a thriving farm?
With pickups, tractors and various pieces of farm equipment, our mechanical shop is busy year-round and we need an experienced Shop Manager to help us navigate the workflow. From diesel mechanics to automotive and equipment, there’s a little bit of everything to keep you and your crew busy. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for something different than the typical dealer-shop situation and is looking for a company where they can make an impact. Not only will you manage our team of farm mechanics, you will be working closely with Walker Farms’ owners in a decision-making role. Though this position is based at our equipment shop in Merrill, expect to work in the fields from the Running Y Ranch down to the Tule Lake Leases and places in-between.
This full-time, year-round job opportunity offers benefits plus 60+ scheduled hours a week with longer hours during busy seasons. We are a family-run farming company that operates at a fast pace and requires driven individuals. If this sounds like a great career opportunity for you, please apply immediately! Wages and benefits are competitive.
- Administrative duties as assigned for shop mechanic department
- Oversee and manage all shop mechanics
- Work in a team environment to develop, plan, and execute an efficient running shop
- Track all shop tasks and work orders
- Use all lines of Company communication to manage the mechanics and shop
- Oversee and manage current inventory, records, and tracking of all parts and supplies
- Oversee and manage all purchases and equipment repairs associated with the shop including assigning and tracking PO numbers
- Oversee and manage all receipts and paperwork turned in by mechanics and farm employees
- Create spreadsheets, graphs, and other material as assigned
- Track and enter employee time, attendance, and schedule in time tracking software
- Plan, implement, and train on safety
- Reports of supplies and stock on hand
- Reports of parts, repairs, and work orders
- Train new employees
- Get all equipment in good working order prior to use
- Complete annual inspections
Looking for someone with the following skills and values:
- Proficient computing skills including Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Access
- Punctuality, excellent communication, and proven organizational systems
- Detail oriented, trustworthy with good judgment
- Leadership abilities
- Team player
- Good knowledge of Out of Service Criteria Handbook
- 10 years mechanical experience
- 5 years management experience
- Mechanical Trade School Degree
- Proficiency in TIG and wire feed welding
- Working knowledge of 240, 480 and 12v electrical systems
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently
- Valid Driver’s License
- Wide range of personal tools
As mentioned, previous experience is a must, and wages are determined by experience.
If you have the mechanical and managerial background we’re looking for, get in touch with us right away. Send your resume and cover letter, to email@example.com or fax them to us, Attn: Human Resources, at 541.723-2606.
NOTE: Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.