Sorry, we are not hiring for this job at this time. Please visit our Employment Opportunities page to see current job openings.
Potato Grower/Field Scout
Do you have experience with potatoes, alfalfa and grain as well as strong work ethic? We have a great opportunity for you.
Gold Dust Potatoes & Walker Farms are seeking a self-motivated individual with good people skills and five years of experience in potatoes, grain and alfalfa to fill our Field Scout position. This incredible job opportunity offers competitive wages and excellent benefits!
We are a family-run farming company, that operates at a fast pace and requires driven individuals. Located on the California-Oregon border, our family-owned companies are a combined commercial potato growing, packing and marketing business. We pride ourselves on providing our international and domestic customers with premium frying and chipping potatoes.
Our senior partners have been farming since 1973. In that time, our farms and operations have grown thanks to the Walker family’s background in farming combined with dedication and focus on growing and succeeding to overcome challenges and take advantage of new opportunities. To do all of this, Gold Dust and Walker Farms requires motivated people who can work independently as well as on a team and take pride in the work they perform. If this sounds you please apply immediately.
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Being accountable for quality compliance, organic and environmental stewardship, inventory control and efficiencies with respect to labor and production
- Demonstration of clear integrity and a sense of ethics and responsibility to the farm and its employees on a daily basis, serving as a model for others
- Mandatory 5 years’ experience with potatoes
- Application license for Oregon and California, or the ability to get one
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
If this sounds like the career for you and you have the experience and qualifications, submit your resume with a cover letter now!
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.