OTR Truck Driver with CDL
If you have a clean driving record and enjoy hauling for a living, we have the job for you.
Gold Dust’s brokerage, International Express, is seeking experienced over the road (OTR) CDL truck drivers for our West Coast based trucking business. Not only will you haul chipping potatoes to our customers in the Western States, our truck drivers enjoy a great pay package, which includes a sign-on bonus, annual performance bonuses, paid vacation time, holiday pay, company-paid health insurance and they get home 2 or 3 times each week.
Our team operates newer equipment with 24/7 dispatch support and in-house mechanics – we truly value our drivers and support them every way we can.
If you have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A) and enjoy trucking for a living, please apply with us today! And did we mention we have updated our compensation package for our CDL truck drivers?
To be join our OTR team, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- 23 years of age or older
- 2 years of experience operating tractor-trailer units – farm experience accepted
- Working knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries or disabling damage to a motor vehicle in the last 3 years
- No more than 3 moving violation in the last 3 years – no more than 2 in the last 12 months
- No conviction for a “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” in the last 3 years:
- Excessive speeding – 15 mph over the posted speed limit
- Reckless driving
- Improper or erratic lane changes
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident
- Violating a State or local law or ordinance restricting or prohibiting the use of a hand-held mobile device while driving
- No DUIs within the last 6 years
- No convictions for violence
- Able to pass a drug/alcohol test at any time
Important Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive outlook, versatility, flexibility, and a customer-first attitude.
- We have seasonal busy times – our team members that pitch-in make the difference.
Trucker Drivers’ primary duties:
- Transport and deliver freight in a safe, efficient, timely and legal manner.
- Perform required pre-trip and post-trip inspections of all equipment and report findings requiring attention promptly.
- Complete all necessary load/trip paperwork and records required for state and federal regulation compliance.
- Represent our team and trucking industry in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to hook and unhook trailers, install, and remove tire chains, secure loads properly and tarp and untarp loads.
- Must be able to remain alert while driving.
- Must be able to squat, crouch and reach as needed.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab numerous times each day.
- Must be able to work in the weather – on hot days and cold days.
And now the details of our compensation package for our truckers with a CDL license:
- Range is $0.48-0.54 CPM – based on years and type of experience
- Merit based bonus package
- Potential Sign-on bonus – $2,000.00
Hope to see you on the road for Gold Dust & Walker Farms and International Express Logistics!